Writers will be happy to know of the announcement of the opening of the Kootenay Literary Competition 2018.
Submissions will be accepted beginning October 7, 2017 with a final deadline of December 31, 2017.
This year's theme is "Origins".
Writers from throughout the Kootenays are welcome to submit in any of the following categories:
- Adult Poetry
- Adult Fiction or Personal Non-fiction
- Newcomers Category (new to Canada)
- Indigenous Writers Category
- Youth – any genre (grade 9 – 12)
The competition was a fixture of the literary community in the Kootenays from 2004 to 2016. Originally it ran under the auspices of the Nelson and District Arts Council then under the Kootenay Writers Society. The competition did not run last year but is now being revived and expanded to include two new categories: Indigenous Writers and Newcomers. The new categories honor the history of our area and the native lands on which we live plus the new Canadians who have come to this country and are working hard to settle into life in Canada.
Winners will be announced in February 2018. Winners receive cash prizes and possibly, depending on the number of responses, publication in a Winners Anthology or publication in an online anthology.
For more information:
- See website: https://kootenayliterarycompetition.wordpress.com/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or follow Kootenay Literary Competition 2018 on Facebook