City of Castlegar Council reviewed and approved the 2019 Annual Report on Monday, September 14.
The Annual Report looks back on 2019, before the world was upended by COVID-19. The Report includes:
· Messages from the Mayor, Chief Administrative Officer & Chief Financial Officer
· A progress report on the City’s Strategic Plan
· 2019 Audited Financial Statements
· Permissive Tax Exemptions
· Key facts & stats from each of the City’s departments
The report can be viewed at castlegar.ca/2019annualreport and hard copies will be available at City Hall soon.
The City of Castlegar is a service centre in the West Kootenay. The diversified and growing economy is focused on the forestry, energy and mining sectors in the valley, and commercial services in the City. Quality of life features backcountry adventure and an increasingly dynamic urban culture, including the Millennium Park & Ponds and Sculpture Walk.