Shambhala organizers issue release regarding Sunday's overdose death
Shambhala Music Festival is sad to inform the passing of one of our patrons in the early hours of Sunday, Aug. 12.
At approximately 5:20 a.m., a patron collapsed in the food court. Several patrons in the area quickly notified first aid services. First responders rushed to the scene and at that time found him unconscious, non-responsive but breathing.
He was quickly transported to our on site medical center where he received a high level of emergency medical treatment from a doctor, a registered nurse, paramedics and several first aid attendants.
BC Ambulance was then called and attended the scene. With the accompaniment of the doctor and the registered nurse, the patient was transported by BC Ambulance to Trail Hospital. All attempts to stabilize the patient failed and, unfortunately, he suffered cardiac arrest en route to the hospital and (could not) be revived.
We would like to extend our gratitude to the medical staff and BC Ambulance
for their quick response and efforts to save his life. We would also like to
thank the RCMP for their high level of professionalism and sensitivity in
helping us deal with this tragic incident.
At this time our hearts and minds are with the family and friends of the