As of Monday, Dec. 6, 2021, 85.5% (4,261,317) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.0% (4,085,935) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.3% (4,232,872) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.1% (4,085,907) received their second dose and 11% (492,236) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.7% (3,966,651) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.7% (3,834,996) received their second dose and 11% (491,553) have received a third dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 946 new cases of COVID-19, including 15 new epi-linked cases, for a total of 220,530 cases in the province:
- Dec. 3-4: 351 new cases
- Dec. 4-5: 311 new cases
- Dec. 5-6: 284 new cases
There are currently 2,876 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 215,190 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 241 individuals are currently in hospital and 89 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
- 285 new cases in Fraser Health — Total active cases: 927
- 138 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health — Total active cases: 424
- 211 new cases in Interior Health — Total active cases: 559
- 115 new cases in Northern Health — Total active cases: 342
- 197 new cases in Island Health — Total active cases: 624
- no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada — Total active cases: zero
In the past 72 hours, 11 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,362.
The new deaths include:
- Fraser Health: five
- Interior Health: two
- Northern Health: four
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks, for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
- George Derby Centre (Fraser Health)
- Ponderosa Lodge (Interior Health)
- Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health)
- St. Paul's Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
Assisted or independent living:
- Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
From Nov. 26 to Dec. 2, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.3% of cases and from Nov. 19 to Dec. 2, they accounted for 66.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 26 to Dec. 2) - Total 2,473
- Not vaccinated: 1,337 (54.1%)
- Partially vaccinated: 104 (4.2%)
- Fully vaccinated: 1,032 (41.7%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 19 to Dec. 2) - Total 239
- Not vaccinated: 147 (61.5%)
- Partially vaccinated: 11 (4.6%)
- Fully vaccinated: 81 (33.9%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 26 to Dec. 2)
- Not vaccinated: 176.8
- Partially vaccinated: 47.4
- Fully vaccinated: 23.0
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 19 to Dec. 2)
- Not vaccinated: 31.7
- Partially vaccinated: 7.9
- Fully vaccinated: 1.8
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,811,162 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
- For the Nov. 23, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 pediatric vaccine for children aged 5-11, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0209-002245
- To learn more about COVID-19 vaccines for children: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/children
- For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604