New Democrat MLA Katrine Conroy is welcoming $252,267 in capital project funding to support five capital projects across Kootenay West. The W.E. Graham Community Service Society, Trail Association for Community Living, Rossland and District Search and Rescue Society, Castlegar Society for Search & Rescue, and Black Jack Cross Country Ski Club Society are five of the 55 community organizations benefitting from the capital project grant which funds upgrades to community facilities, infrastructure, and equipment.
“I’m happy to welcome new capital funding for five incredible local organizations,” said Conroy. “These projects are set to deliver better services for people living in the West Kootenays and will improve the lives of families, seniors, and people who enjoy the outdoors.”
The five West Kootenay projects funded this year include:
· $16,180.00 to the W.E. Graham Community Service Society to expand the dry-cool/cold storage for their foodbank
· $50,253.00 to the Trail Association for Community Living to purchase a new van
· $136,765.00 to the Rossland and District Search and Rescue Society to fund the construction of a Search and Rescue hall
· $19,069.00 to the Castlegar Society for Search & Rescue to purchase two snowmobiles
· $30,000 to the Black Jack Cross Country Ski Club Society to purchase a new van
In 2018-19, the Province is providing $5 million in capital project grants, supporting not-for-profit organizations that deliver important community services like search and rescue, mobile health and child care.
The Capital Projects program is part of the annual $140 million Community Gaming Grants program supporting over 5,000 community organizations that deliver arts and culture, sport, environment, public safety, human and social services and parent advisory councils.
For more information: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2018MAH0147-002261