Serial armed robber strikes again?
On Jan. 28 at 3:59 p.m., the Dawson Creek RCMP received a hold up alarm at one of the local financial institutions.
A lone male entered the establishment, produced a firearm and demanded money. No one was injured during the robbery and the suspect left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The description provided by the business employees is as follows:
· •White male
· •25-35 years old
· •slim build
· •facial hair/beard reddish to light brown in colour – approximately 1/2 inch in length
· •Black gloves/clothing/hoody/shoes, wearing sunglasses, holding a weapon in his right hand,
A vehicle of interest in this investigation may be a Silver GMC Envoy. Investigators have viewed other surveillance photos and believe the same person is responsible for the below noted robberies as well.
If anyone has information as to the identity of the suspect, please contact the Dawson Creek RCMP at (250) 784-3700, Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (tips), or the main tip line at 1-844-887-6287.
The Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan RCMP, and the Lethbridge Regional Police Service, is requesting the public’s assistance in identifying a similar suspect who is believed to have committed eight previous armed robberies across the three provinces. The robberies occurred:
· •December 1st, 2014 at 2:42 pm – financial institution in Princeton, BC.
· •December 9th, 2014 at 4:37 pm – financial institution in Vernon, BC.
· •December 19th, 2014 at 4:55 pm – financial institution in High River, Alberta.
· •December 23rd, 2014 at 4:54 pm – financial institution in Merritt, BC.
· •January 8th, 2015 at 7:16 pm – financial institution in Swift Current, Sask.
· •January 13th, 2015 at 5:55 pm – financial institution in Lethbridge, Alberta.
· •January 16th, 2015 at 3:30 pm – financial institution in Claresholm, Alberta.
· •January 21st, 2015 at 5:55 pm – financial institution in Aldergrove, BC.
· •Larger image of Dawson Creek Suspect
In each one of these, the suspect was described as:
· •Caucasian male;
· •Between 25 to 35 years old;
· •Slim build;
· •5’6 to 6’ tall;
· •Unshaven, brown goatee/beard;
· •Seen wearing a black toque and dark sunglasses;
· •Dressed in dark clothing, and wearing gloves.
All robberies involved a weapon; either being produced or mentioned. In all instances, the suspect exited the financial institutions with an undisclosed amount of cash and fled on foot. No employees or customers present in the financial institutions at the time of the incidents were physically injured.
Video: External link, opens in a new window https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1bKNj0gGl8