Poll

Bomb scare forces evacuation of Chahko Mika Mall Thursday

Nelson Daily Staff
By Nelson Daily Staff
September 21st, 2017

The Chahko Mika Mall in Nelson was evacuated Thursday morning due to a bomb scare Nelson Police Department Chief Paul Burkart told The Nelson Daily.

Burkart said the call was received at NPD dispatch shortly after 11 a.m. Thursday from the store manager of the WalMart Store that a bomb scare had been received.

Burkart said the manager quickly evacuated the mall of customers and staff.

Nelson Police responded to the call as well as RCMP officers and locked down the entire mall.

Customers and staff waited in the parking lot for approximately 45 minutes before being allowed to return to the mall.

Burkart said NPD had previously received information from RCMP of similar threats made to the public in other cities.

No one injured and business continues as usual during the afternoon.

This post was syndicated from https://thenelsondaily.com
Categories: Crime

Comments

11°C Overcast Clouds

Other News Stories

Opinion