Poll

Smoking causes fire in local apartment building

Trail Champion
By Trail Champion
March 3rd, 2019

Smoking appears to be the cause of a fire in a Trail apartment building Friday afternoon, according to KBRFR Chief Dan Derby.

“Firefighters responded to a mattress fire at the Groutage apartments,” he said in a press release issued Saturday. “(The) fire was contained to the area of origin (and) was caused by smoking activity.

He said eight Trail firefighters responded to the call, which came in at 4:40 p.m. Crews were on scene by 4:45 p.m., and the situation was under control by 5:02 p.m.

“KBRFR would like to remind everyone to exit a building when they hear fire bells ringing, (that) smoking in bed is dangerous and to make sure you have working smoke alarms.”

There is no damage estimate at this time.

“One person was transported to hospital by BC Ambulance for smoke inhalation. There were no injuries to any firefighters on scene,” Derby added. “Thank you to RCMP and BCAS for their assistance.”

This post was syndicated from https://trailchampion.com
Categories: General

Comments

11°C Clear Sky

Other News Stories

Opinion