Get the Dirt - Columbia Avenue Redevelopment Project - Phase 2 Online Open House
Join us for an online open house for the Columbia Avenue Redevelopment Project – Phase 2. With construction expected to start in February, the City of Castlegar and Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure want to give the community an opportunity to learn more, ask questions and discuss concerns – in a COVID-19 safe manner, from the comfort of your own space.
The Columbia Avenue Redevelopment Project – Phase 2 includes:
- adding a two-way center turn lane to improve vehicle safety and traffic flow;
- providing safe cycle lanes for cyclists and other active transportation users;
- repaving Columbia Avenue/Highway 22;
- replacing aging and undersized storm sewer mains and installing new storm drainage infrastructure including curb and gutter;
- replacing aging water mains and services;
- installing street trees, banner poles, street furniture and improving bus facilities; and
- connecting existing and new sidewalks.
Online open house details
How to join
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
6:00 p.m. presentation
6:30 p.m. open discussion
Visit castlegar.ca/phase2openhouse to join the Zoom session OR
Call 1 438 809 7799. Webinar ID: 876 5309 2199 and passcode: 409659
Via Zoom or telephone
Want project updates?
Sign up for regular email updates at castlegar.ca/phase2.
The City of Castlegar is a service centre in the West Kootenay. The diversified and growing economy is focused on the forestry, energy and mining sectors in the valley, and commercial services in the City. Quality of life features backcountry adventure and an increasingly dynamic urban culture, including the Millennium Park & Ponds and Sculpture Walk.