Rossland Arena Nominated For Kraft Hockeyville 2021 – Help is Needed
Super exciting news – the Rossland Arena’s been nominated for Kraft Hockeyville 2021 and has a chance to win $250,000 in arena upgrades and the opportunity to host a preseason NHL game.
However, in order to rally to the finals, the Friends of the Rossland Arena’s asking for help from EVERYONE – with only 3 days left in the rally phase, we could use ALL the help we can get!
“We have such huge passion and spirit throughout the entire Kootenays and this is our chance to show it. $250,000 in upgrades to our 70+ year old barn will benefit many arena users, but also visitors and businesses in Rossland and the entire area for years to come. And how amazing would it be to host an NHL game?”
How can the Rossland Arena make it to the top? We need nomination stories, photos, videos, reactions and notes added to the Rossland Arena Rally Page on the Hockeyville website.
Every one of these actions will count toward earning points for our nomination. Mostly we just need lots of traffic and action on the Rossland Arena rally site – the more the better!
We’re asking everyone (13+) to take a few minutes and:
- head on over to https://www.krafthockeyville.ca/#/community/rosslandarena and check out the growing number of heartwarming photos and stories
- help Rossland rally to the top by contributing to the rally page: whether by nomination story, sharing to Twitter, uploading photos (ideally Rossland Arena-related but really anything showing our community spirit and passion), videos, emojis or notes. We have until 9pm Sunday February 14th to generate as many rally points as possible. We ask that you complete as many actions as possible – every little bit helps!
- spread the word! Please invite friends, family, teammates to help out – by word of mouth, social media (we have a Facebook frame – RosslandArenaforHockeyville2021), email, poster, video – anything and everything.
Rossland’s final score will come from two main categories: the content of nomination stories and the rally points:
– Nomination Story Content will account for 80% of the total score.
– All Rally Actions will make up the remaining 20%. Each rally action is worth points (up to a max of 46 per person):
- Nomination Story (10 points each – 1 per person),
- Twitter Share (5 points per share – 1 per person)-
- Photos/Videos (3 points each – up to 5 per person)
- Reactions/Emojis (1 point each, up to 15 per person)
- and Notes (1 point each – 1 per person).
The four communities with the most nominations and rally points will advance to the finals, where the winner will be determined by vote. The three runner-up communities will be awarded runner up prizes of $25,000 each to put towards arena refurbishing and repairs.
A HUGE thank you for ALL the support shown to the Rossland Arena to date. We’ve already come such a long way! This is a GREAT opportunity for us to share some special memories, show our passion, and stand a chance to win an amazing prize that will benefit the entire area for many years to come – please take a few minutes to help out.
Questions Comments Suggestions – you can reach Friends of the Rossland Arena at email@example.com
About Kraft Hockeyville:
Kraft Hockeyville is an annual competition sponsored by Kraft Heinz, the National Hockey League and the NHL Players’ Association in which communities compete to demonstrate their commitment to the sport.