Weekly Update - Columbia Avenue Phase 2 Project
The week of March 15, the community can expect to see:
• Continued day and night shifts from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. to minimize daytime traffic congestion;
• Water service and hydrant work, water main testing, and water connections that minimize impacts to residents and businesses (from 21st Street to the Highway 3 ramp across from the Chevron);
• Removal of trees and signs from 22nd to 24th Street; and;
• Workers locating utilities near the Kinnaird overpass.
Traffic patterns should remain the same with minor delays along Columbia Avenue. Some sidewalks will be closed for safety reasons. The contractor plans to add signage to provide better directions for pedestrians and bikers. BC Transit stops at the Sandman Hotel and Canadian Tire will remain out of service. Passengers can board the bus at the Castlegar & District Recreation Complex on 6th Avenue.
Did you know?
• The contractor has local staff and is using local contractors for traffic control & flagging, paving, concrete work (curb & gutter, sidewalks, driveway transitions), road gravel, and trucking.
• Over 250 meters of water main has already been installed.