Castlegar Chamber Hiring for a Castlegar and District Business Recovery Advisor
The Castlegar and District Business Recovery Advisor position is a one year, P/T contracted position that will directly assist in supporting businesses in recovery from the impacts of COVID-19. This position is funded through a grant from the Economic Trust of the Southern Interior and will support the work of the Castlegar and District COVID-19 Business Recovery Committee that is lead and facilitated by the Castlegar and District Chamber of Commerce (CDCOC).
Responsibilities: Key Stakeholder and Resource Engagement, Direct Business Support and Referral, Identification of Opportunities and Challenges for Businesses, Reporting
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Extensive knowledge of Castlegar and RDCK Areas I and J
- Has owned or has direct experience with small businesses
- Has significant knowledge of COVID-19 related resources and business supports available to businesses
- Exceptional relationship management and networking skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Exceptional, proven communication skills
- The ability to operate independently as well as collaboratively
- The ability to work under a steering committee, and collaboratively with key stakeholders
- Has direct experience with tech related tools relevant to this position
- Has exceptional reporting skills
In addition, the applicant should possess:
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Commerce, and Economics, Leadership or other related area of study or designation
- A valid Driver’s License
- Reliable vehicle
- Familiar and comfortable with Winter driving
- A clear criminal record check.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours inclusive of weekends
- Has a home office
This is a 1 year term contracted P/T (20hrs/week) position.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to the attention of the CDBRC Committee, via email to: email@example.com by 4 pm PST, May. 17th, 2021
(We thank you for your interest in this position however, only short listed candidates will be contacted).