Weekly Update: Columbia Avenue Redevelopment Project - Phase 2
Last week Copcan worked on finishing the road grading on Columbia Avenue, and started paving the road between 21st and 23rd street. They also prepped driveway tie-ins and prepared for the future installation of landscape items like banner poles, trees, and lights.
Next week. you will still expect to see:
- Asphalt pavement installation from 21st Street to just north of 23rd Street,
- Asphalt pavement installation on driveways,
- Storm main installation on the east and west sides of Columbia between 23rd Street and 24th Street,
- Removal of abandoned gas mains and water main,
- Allen block wall installation just north of 24th Street.
With the unusually high temperatures expected on site this upcoming week, you may see a quieter site and less traffic management. When the temperatures get into the high 30s and 40s, it can become unsafe for outside workers. Copcan will be closely watching the weather and reducing the work and changing traffic management as needed to keep their crews safe. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
Copcan will be working on Canada Day and will instead be taking Friday, July 2nd to Monday, July 4th off for the long weekend. However, traffic control will be present on Friday and Monday to help travellers get through the construction zone.
Did you know?
With two new water fountains and 40 new trees to be installed, next summer you will be able to quench your thirst and find some shade on those hot days on Columbia Avenue.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Bree Seabrook, email@example.com or 250 304 8133