One-day change in access to health services at Trail hospital July 21
People who attend Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital (KBRH) on Wednesday July 21 should be aware of some changes to access hospital services, as work continues to enhance care at the Trail hospital.
On July 21, an air handling unit will be installed on the roof of the new ambulatory care unit at KBRH, above the emergency department.
The work is scheduled to take place from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will result in several temporary changes.
- Please access the hospital using the ambulance bay entrance. The front entrance of KBRH will be closed to patients, visitors and staff with the exception of patients arriving by BC Transit;
- The vehicle roundabout will be closed except for ambulance and BC Transit traffic;
- The walkway on the north side of the hospital (currently where the exterior Ledcor stairs are located) will be closed to all staff and visitors;
- Patients and visitors will be directed to the ambulance bay to enter and exit the building; and
- Emergency patients and immuno-compromised patients will be fast-tracked through the ambulance bay entrance.
Traffic control flaggers will be on site to help direct traffic.
If you have an appointment or are visiting a loved one, please maintain physical distancing at the ambulance bay entrance. Ambassadors will be present at this door to screen and offer a clean mask upon entry, as mandatory masking is a continued requirement.
Interior Health regrets any inconvenience to patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
The installation of the air handling unit is part of the Pharmacy and Ambulatory Care Project. Together with the recent opening of the new emergency department (ED) at KBRH, the two projects represent a $58-million investment in the region.
Interior Health is committed to promoting healthy lifestyles and providing a wide range of quality health-care services to more than 801,000 people living across B.C.’s vast interior. For more information, visit www.interiorhealth.ca, follow us on Twitter @Interior_Health, Instagram @interiorhealthbc or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/interiorhealth.ca.