Incumbent Council Candidate Sure Heaton-Sherstobitoff - in her own words
Castlegar has been my home since 1988. I have been married to Curtis Sherstobitoff for 27 years and have two beautiful daughters – Jordan and Sydney. I am so grateful to live and raise my family here. I have served on council since 2011. This has truly been one of the most rewarding and meaningful
experiences of my life, and I thank you for the opportunity. I believe strongly in giving back to my community, and have been an active volunteer here for a long time. I’ve been lucky enough to work with some really great people at really great organizations that are doing great things for our community. I am known for being honest and acting with integrity. I keep my word. I listen and I am inclusive. This is who I am, and this is what I bring to the table.
If re-elected, I will continue to put this community first and be your trusted voice on council. I would be honored to continue to serve Castlegar as a Councillor.
IF RE-ELECTED FOR ANOTHER TERM, I WILL:
1. Focus on the housing crisis – as any type of housing is good housing for our community
2. Ensure continued investment in vital infrastructure, now and in the future
3. Continue to work towards the improvement of reliability of the West Kootenay Regional Airport
4. Advance the Economic Development Strategy by supporting businesses, attracting new businesses, creating jobs, growing our tax base, and promoting local arts and culture.
5. Move our community forward while also being fiscally responsible with your tax dollars and ensuring we look for grants, partnerships, etc. to achieve our goals.
6. Advocate for improved services for seniors, including health services.
“If re-elected, I will continue to put this community first and be your trusted voice on council.”
Questions? Get in touch!
Call me at 250.608.2655 Email me at email@example.com You can also find me on Facebook @Sueforcouncillor