Poll

Pass Creek fire quickly extinguished

Kyra Hoggan
By Kyra Hoggan
March 19th, 2013

A backyard burn that got out of hand in Pass Creek this afternoon was quickly dealt with, according to Castlegar deputy fire chief Duane Monsen.

“Apparently, a homeowner was doing a little yard maintenance and it got away from him,” Monsen said, adding the fire was near a home, but wasn’t really a threat to the building. “It was across the driveway from his house, but the wind was blowing away from the residence.”

Called to the scene by the Robson Fire Department as part of a mutual aid agreement, Castlegar crews arrived just after 3 p.m. at the 1100 block of Pass Creek Road.

The fire was quickly extinguished without incident, injury, or property damage.

The incident, though ultimately fairly benign, should see residents ensuring they double-check when, where and under what circumstances burning is allowed.

See http://www.castlegar.ca/notice.php?id=242 for more information.

Categories: General

Comments

8°C Overcast Clouds

Other News Stories

Opinion